The City of Middletown Dog Park is located at Maple Hill Park supervised by the Recreation and Parks Department. Please call 845-346-4180 with questions or concerns.
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to Dusk
(Hours of operation are subject to change at the discretion of the Superintendent of Recreation & Parks as deemed necessary)
- Park Users and Dog Owners assume all risks related to park use
- The off-leash dog park does not permit children ten (10) years of age and under or dogs under four (4) months old
- Children from 11 years of age to 17 years of age must be under adult supervision at all times
- Area A – Small dogs (30 lbs or less)
- Area B – All dogs
- Maximum of three (3) dogs per adult
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered
- Dogs must be licensed by the City of Middletown and up-to-date with vaccinations
- A current license tag must be visible on each dog’s collar
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the off-leash park area
- Dogs are permitted to be off-leash in the designated fenced area only and the gates must remain closed
- Owners/responsible parties must carry a leash and maintain control over their dogs at all times while in the park
- Owners/responsible parties must clean up after their dogs and dispose of dog waste in an
- Dogs are prohibited from digging. Any holes created must be filled in by owner before leaving the park
- No dog treats, human foods or drinks are permitted in the off-leash park
- No animals other than dogs are permitted within the off-leash park area
- Dog are not permitted on benches
- Aggressive and/or threatening dogs are not permitted in the off-leash park unless muzzled and leashed at all times
- Aggressive behavior, dog bites to person or dogs and/or other such incidents must be reported to the Recreation & Parks Department office at 845-346-4180 Monday-Friday during the hours of 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM or 343-3151 on evenings and weekends.
- All other Recreation & Parks rules and regulations, as well as, all City of Middletown ordinances apply.
Please click here for the complete set of rules for the Dog Park.
The Middletown Skate Park is located in Erie Way Park at 1-31 Union Street, behind City Hall.
The skate park provides a safe, designated place for wheeled-sport enthusiasts (skateboarders, BMX bike riders, inline skaters, scooter riders and the like) to develop their skills, enjoy the company of their peers and allow enthusiasts to enjoy their sport in a confined, well-developed area.
The skate park is a state-of-the-art, based on the latest skate park design principles and constructed with high-quality materials to ensure durability and longevity. The Skate Park features a mix of street and transition-style terrain, with elements designed for all age groups and ability levels.
SKATE PARK HOURS: Dawn to Dusk
Rules and Regulations
- The City of Middletown and its agents are not responsible for any injuries. The Skate Park is UNSUPERVISED and a SKATE-AT-YOUR-OWN-RISK Facility. Know your ability and Skate Accordingly
- ONLY Skateboards, In-Line Skates, Bikes (No Pegs) and Scooters ALLOWED. No Motorized Vehicles.
- Protective Equipment (helmets, elbow pads, knee pads, etc.) is strongly recommended to be worn at all times. Use of this park may expose the user to serious injury.
- No skating when surface is wet. Inspect skating surface before you begin and remove debris or objects that may prevent a safe ride. Report any facility damage immediately to the Middletown Recreation & Parks Department at 845-346-4180.
- Park surfaces are NOT to be Altered or Waxed.
- NO Food, Beverages, Gum or Smoking allowed in the Skate Park
- No Pets allowed in Skate Park.
- Abusive/Foul Language and Aggressive Behavior will NOT be Tolerated.
- All children under age 10 MUST be accompanied by an adult.
- Failure to adhere to Skate Park Rules & Regulations can result in loss of facility privileges and/or subject to prosecution in Middletown City Court for violating Skate Park Rules.
Middletown Recreation & Parks Department
383 County Route 78, Middletown, NY 10940
Location of City of Middletown Municipal Parks
Academy Avenue Park
46-58 Academy Avenue, Middletown, NY 10940
Playground & Green Space
Beattie Hill Park
100-102 Prospect Avenue, Middletown, NY 10940
Playground, Basketball Court & Green Space
Ben & Paula Amchir Park
2-12 Birch Drive, Middletown, NY 10940
Playground, Basketball Court, 1 pavillion rental & Green Space
Bennett Hill Park
105-117 East Avenue, Middletown, NY 10940
Playground, Basketball Court, & Green Space
Erie Way Park
1-31 Union Street, Middletown, NY 10940
158-170 Lake Avenue, Middletown, NY 10940
Playground, Basketball Court, War-Memorial Pool, 9-hole Disc Golf Course, Walking and Nature Trails, 4 Pavillion Rentals, Neil B. Turfler Softball Field, & Green Space
War Veterans Memorial Pool & Splash Pad open will be opened Monday, June 28th, 2021 through Sunday, August 29th. Cost is $1 for those 16 years old and under, and $3 for 17 years and older.
29-37 West Main Street, Middletown, NY 10940
Jerome W. Neil, Jr. Park
118-120 North Street, Middletown, NY 10940
Playground, Pavillion, and Basketball Court
44-46 North Street, Middletown, NY 10940
Katherine Chappell Memorial Park
57-63 Beacon St., Middletown, NY 10940
Playground & Green Space
Maple Hill Park
105 California Avenue, Middletown, NY 10940
Playground, Green Space, Maple Hill Pool, Tennis Courts, 3 Pavillion Rentals, Dog Park, & Par-Course Equipment
Maple Hill Pool will not be opening for the summer 2021 season.
116 North Street Park
116 North Street, Middletown, NY 10940
Run 4 Downtown Park (R4DT Park)
9-15 North Street, Middletown, NY 10940
Green Space & Outdoor Stage
Sproat Street Park
28-36 Sproat Street, Middletown, NY 10940
Sproat Street Pool will not be opening for the 2021 season.
21-41 Grove Street, Middletown, NY 10940
Playground & Green Space
76-82 North Street, Middletown, NY 10940
Watts Memorial Park
5-15 Wisner Ave &100-142 Watkins Avenue, Middletown, NY 10940
Basketball Court, Football Field, Baseball/Softball Fields, & Soccer Fields