Please be advised that beginning on Monday September 21, 2020 the Henry Street parking lot will be closed due to construction. Alternate parking can be found in the Canal Street parking lot.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Dear City of Middletown Residents and Visitors,
1. Please be advised that a new construction project, ADA Curbs and Sidewalks, started today June 29, 2020. This Federally Funded Project with local contribution includes replacing curbs and sidewalks, at several City Streets, including constructing new ones on Dolson Ave, where none exists, to promote walkability, safety, ADA compliance and support local businesses. Construction is tentatively scheduled for substantial completion by end of November.
Impacted City Streets and construction location:
- Dolson Ave (Webb Rd to Bennett)
- Wickham Ave (W. Main St to Prince St)
- W. Main St (Wickham Ave to Union)
- Highland Ave (W. Main St to Franklin St)
- Franklin St (Highland Ave to Union)
- Grove St (Wickham Ave to Railroad Ave)
- Railroad Ave (North St to Grove St)
Please exercise caution when traveling through construction area, and find alternate travel routes if congested.
Please give our working construction men and women a break, slow down, stay alert and help protect their lives.
2. East Main Street Parking Lot across from Bakery in Downtown has been completed and is open for traffic.
City of Middletown has partnered with PROCHAMPS.com to administer its Foreclosure Property registration and Vacant Property registration program(s). In order to comply with the Foreclosure Property and Vacant Property registration ordinance, all Owners/Mortgagees/Trustees must register online via PROCHAMPS.com and pay a registration fee.
Register with PROCHAMPS.com
Attention City Residents,
Recently, the City of Middletown has partnered with Service Line Warranties of America (SLWA) to offer, you as the homeowner, exterior water and sewer service line coverage. SLWA can help protect you from potentially expensive repair costs of both water and/or sewer lines, inside and outside the home. Letters with this information have been recently mailed out to you. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact SLWA at #1-844-257-8795.
Attention City Residents:
There has been a change in the recycling schedule for the pickup the week of June 29th. Recycling will now be picked up on FRIDAY JULY 3, 2020 instead of Saturday July 4, 2020.
Please place all recycling out the evening of Thursday July 2, 2020. It will be pick up on Friday morning July 3, 2020.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Please be aware that Phase I of the Green Infrastructure Improvement Project will begin tomorrow, June 2, 2020. Phase I of this project includes 1/2 of the James Street parking lot, across from the Department of Motor Vehicle building. Please find alternate parking during this time.
Thank you for your cooperation during these times.
Message From NYSDEC:
Don't Flush Wipes or Other Garbage
Certain materials flushed down toilets can damage sewer systems, wastewater treatment operations, or private septic systems, even when they are labeled as flushable. Correcting the damage is expensive, so do not flush any of the items listed below, no matter how small. Please throw them in the trash.
- baby wipes
- disinfectant wipes
- personal hygiene products
- any paper products other than toilet paper (e.g., paper towels, facial tissues, paper napkins)