The City of Middletown new Dog Park is located at Maple Hill Park supervised by the Recreation and Parks Department. Please call 845-346-4180 with questions or concerns.
Hours of Operation: 8:00 a.m. to Dusk
(Hours of operation are subject to change at the discretion of the Superintendent of Recreation & Parks as deemed necessary)
- Park Users and Dog Owners assume all risks related to park use
- The off-leash dog park does not permit children ten (10) years of age and under or dogs under four (4) months old
- Children from 11 years of age to 17 years of age must be under adult supervision at all times
- Area A – Small dogs (30 lbs or less)
- Area B – All dogs
- Maximum of three (3) dogs per adult
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered
- Dogs must be licensed by the City of Middletown and up-to-date with vaccinations
- A current license tag must be visible on each dog’s collar
- Dogs must be leashed when entering and exiting the off-leash park area
- Dogs are permitted to be off-leash in the designated fenced area only and the gates must remain closed
- Owners/responsible parties must carry a leash and maintain control over their dogs at all times while in the park
- Owners/responsible parties must clean up after their dogs and dispose of dog waste in an
- Dogs are prohibited from digging. Any holes created must be filled in by owner before leaving the park
- No dog treats, human foods or drinks are permitted in the off-leash park
- No animals other than dogs are permitted within the off-leash park area
- Dog are not permitted on benches
- Aggressive and/or threatening dogs are not permitted in the off-leash park unless muzzled and leashed at all times
- Aggressive behavior, dog bites to person or dogs and/or other such incidents must be reported to the Recreation & Parks Department office at 845-346-4180 Monday-Friday during the hours of 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM or 343-3151 on evenings and weekends.
- All other Recreation & Parks rules and regulations, as well as, all City of Middletown ordinances apply.
Please click here for the complete set of rules for the Dog Park.